Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by umesh prajapati <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/22 17:02:35 UTC

Assertion During Load Test

I would really appreciate if i could get some help on assertion.

For example:
I have 100 users to test.
I run the test for 100 user in 5 seconds interval and save the
response in to a file.

Now, I would like to do a load test with the same 100 users without 5
seconds interval
How can I use assertion or how can i assert that the response I am
getting now during the load test matches or contains the same data
before.(that was saved to a file)

Another thing that I noticed was, when I use save response to a file.
It saves each user response to separate file. Is there a way that I
can save all the user response to one single file and later when I run
the load test assert the response with that single file.

Re: Assertion During Load Test

Posted by umesh prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi sebb,

I solved the issue ...i had a space at the end of each hash string :)

Posted by umesh prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.
hi sebb,

I think i got all figured out now...but the assertion is not coming true

I get this error
Assertion error: false
Assertion failure: true
Assertion failure message: Test failed: text expected to equal /
****** received  : 45f104f488d47bcd28ac84bcf905ec6c[[[ ]]]

****** comparison: 45f104f488d47bcd28ac84bcf905ec6c[[[ ]]]
so these are hash string and even they are equal its not asserting true.

I tried all of them contain, matches, equal and they all give assetsion
false

On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 11:06 AM, umesh prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I think a better way to ask would be. How can I save the response (save
> response as MD5 hash) into one single file during the first test for all
> the users. For example save response to file called outputResult.txt.
>
> Inside outputResult.txt file it will contain
> abdcdefg
> adf12abd
> saacaw2
>
> During second test
> So now I can use CSV to read each hash and add response assertions to make
> sure the response matches. for example:
> In CSV mention the filename: output.txt
>                           variablename:data
>
> and In response assertion:
>
>                             pattern to test:${data}
>

> On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM, umesh prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> sorry, I mean It created total of 10 files for 5 users.
>>

>> On Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 10:07 AM, umesh prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you again, yes you are right, the response body is now the hash.
>>> But I am not being able to figue out how I can assert them.
>>> Lets take an example:
>>> I run the test for 5 users with 5 seconds interval
>>> I have the option checked "save as MD5 hash" on http sampler GUI
>>> I have save response to file ( where I mentioned to save file in
>>> "c:\Output\result")
>>>
>>> After I run this test, I see that it creates 10 files for each users and
>>> the file contains hash(because response body is now the hash)
>>> result1.unknown
>>> result2.json
>>> result3.unknown

Posted by umesh prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.