Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Daniel, Gillian" <gi...@petrotechnics.com> on 2004/02/25 15:31:29 UTC

Nested nest Tag

Hi there, I am using Struts 1.1 and Java SE 1.4.2.02 and Java EE 1.4

I have an object called SccDTO.java which is extended by many objects,
but I will use LocDTO,java as the example here.

In my SccBean.java - which extends the ValidatorForm - I have getter and
setter methods for a SccDTO object.

I am using <nested:nest property="sccDTO">

                   <nested:write property="type"/>

This is fine, but I actually sometimes want to access methods in the
LocDTO, and sometimes from the other objects which extend the SccDTO.

Now I realise that the SccDTO has no getter and setter methods for the
LocDTO methods, so this is not going to work, but is there a way around
this?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Gillian Daniel