Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Auke Schrijnen <as...@bkwi.nl> on 2012/07/11 14:36:45 UTC

Packaging/dependency issues with .aar files

Hi,

I'm running into some issues when packing Axis2 services as .aar file and depending on those services in a Axis2 webapp. Dependencies of the Axis2 services are included in the .aar file, as i suspected. The thing is that those dependencies are also included in the .war file because maven will include all transitive dependencies are included.

When i mark the dependencies of the Axis2 service as optional they aren't included at all. Shouldn't the maven aar plugin add optional dependencies to the .aar file? The maven dependency guide [1] describes optional dependencies as excluded transitive dependencies, just the way i want those .aar dependencies to be handled.

I filed Jira issue AXIS2-5350 [1] and attached a patch. Could someone take a look at it?

Auke

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html#Transitive_Dependencies
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-5350

Re: Packaging/dependency issues with .aar files

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Do you have any sample project to illustrate this issue ? if so attach
to AXIS2-5350 so that I will reproduce and look into your issue.

Thanks !

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Auke Schrijnen <as...@bkwi.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running into some issues when packing Axis2 services as .aar file and depending on those services in a Axis2 webapp. Dependencies of the Axis2 services are included in the .aar file, as i suspected. The thing is that those dependencies are also included in the .war file because maven will include all transitive dependencies are included.
>
> When i mark the dependencies of the Axis2 service as optional they aren't included at all. Shouldn't the maven aar plugin add optional dependencies to the .aar file? The maven dependency guide [1] describes optional dependencies as excluded transitive dependencies, just the way i want those .aar dependencies to be handled.
>
> I filed Jira issue AXIS2-5350 [1] and attached a patch. Could someone take a look at it?
>
> Auke
>
> [1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html#Transitive_Dependencies
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-5350

Sagara Gunathunga