Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by kralik <kr...@ijablonec.cz> on 2006/03/29 18:48:14 UTC

FOP 0.91-beta: Kerning support is disabled ...

Hello!
 I have a problem with new version of FOP 0.91-beta. I am trying to make PDF
file from source XML file and XSL file (XSLT + FO).
 When I execute the command to make PDF, I get following:

Base URL set to: file://C:/fop-0.91beta/
Source resolution set to: 72.0dpi (px2mm=0.35277778)
Target resolution set to: 72.0dpi (px2mm=0.35277778)
Default page-height set to: 11in
Default page-width set to: 8.26in
Kerning support is disabled until it is supported by the layout engine!
Kerning support is disabled until it is supported by the layout engine!
Kerning support is disabled until it is supported by the layout engine!
Kerning support is disabled until it is supported by the layout engine!
Kerning support is disabled until it is supported by the layout engine!
... SEVERAL PAGES THE SAME strange error ...
Kerning support is disabled until it is supported by the layout engine!
Kerning support is disabled until it is supported by the layout engine!
Kerning support is disabled until it is supported by the layout engine!
C:\fop-0.91beta>_

PDF file seems to be OK, like made in 0.20.5 version.

What does this mean? Any resolution? Please help.
Thanks

Pavel Tyl

Re: FOP 0.91-beta: Kerning support is disabled ...

Posted by kralik <kr...@ijablonec.cz>.
Thanks a lot. I already found it and this problem is solved.

Re: FOP 0.91-beta: Kerning support is disabled ...

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
In the configuration file:

becomes

HTH

On 29.03.2006 21:41:30 kralik wrote:

> Thank you very much.
> But I don't know, where to write kerning="no"?
> Excuse me, I'm begginer.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: FOP 0.91-beta: Kerning support is disabled ...

Posted by kralik <kr...@ijablonec.cz>.
Thank you very much.

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Hmm, yeah, that happens in 0.91beta if you use a TrueType font with
kerning info. The problem is that 0.91beta does not support kerning. If
you set kerning="no" on the font in the configuration the messages
should go away. The next release will have kerning support again.

On 29.03.2006 18:48:14 kralik wrote:

> Hello!
>  I have a problem with new version of FOP 0.91-beta. I am trying to make PDF
> file from source XML file and XSL file (XSLT + FO).
>  When I execute the command to make PDF, I get following:
>
> Base URL set to: file://C:/fop-0.91beta/
> Source resolution set to: 72.0dpi (px2mm=0.35277778)
> Target resolution set to: 72.0dpi (px2mm=0.35277778)
> Default page-height set to: 11in
> Default page-width set to: 8.26in
> Kerning support is disabled until it is supported by the layout engine!
> Kerning support is disabled until it is supported by the layout engine!
> Kerning support is disabled until it is supported by the layout engine!
> Kerning support is disabled until it is supported by the layout engine!
> Kerning support is disabled until it is supported by the layout engine!
> ... SEVERAL PAGES THE SAME strange error ...
> Kerning support is disabled until it is supported by the layout engine!
> Kerning support is disabled until it is supported by the layout engine!
> Kerning support is disabled until it is supported by the layout engine!
> C:\fop-0.91beta>_
>
> PDF file seems to be OK, like made in 0.20.5 version.
>
> What does this mean? Any resolution? Please help.
> Thanks

Jeremias Maerki