Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Jon.Ridgway" <Jo...@upco.co.uk> on 2002/04/08 14:12:14 UTC

Struts menu

Hi All,

I was wondering if there are any plans add the following to the Struts menu:

-Support for roles
-Support for locales (might already be their can't see how to use however)
-Support for struts-config forwards.

Jon Ridgway
www.upco.co.uk

Posted by Scott Sayles <ss...@fgm.com>.
On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 08:12, Jon.Ridgway wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if there are any plans add the following to the Struts menu:
>
> -Support for roles
I don't currently have plans to support roles.  However, I am working
out an implementation for generically supporting permission checking.
This could easily be tied into checking roles as well.  I'll have to
think about it some more.

> -Support for locales (might already be their can't see how to use however)
Localization is already supported.  However, it does not automatically
use the main MessageResources used in Struts apps (keyed by
Action.MESSAGES_KEY).  At this point, you need to pass the attribute key
of the MessageResources you want to use.  For example:

<menu:useMenuDisplayer
     name="CoolMenus" bundle="<%=Action.MESSAGES_KEY%>">

Check the example menu application.

> -Support for struts-config forwards.

Sounds like a good idea.  I'll put it on the ToDo list.

You can check out the latest version of StrutsMenu at:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/struts-menu/

The latest release is 1.1beta.  The most significant changes are the
implementation of a Struts PlugIn and support for displaying CoolMenus3
dynamic menus.

There will probably be some significant changes comming soon.  I may end
up skipping to a 2.0 release, but we'll see.

I'm only working on this in my spare time, so please excuse the lack of
content on the sourceforge site.

Scott Sayles

Re: Struts menu

Posted by Scott Sayles <ss...@fgm.com>.