Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by bmichaud <be...@optum.com> on 2017/02/01 14:29:30 UTC

Re: PutHDFS does not write on all nodes of a cluster, only the on the coordinator

As it turns out, the PutHDFS processor was configured or defaulted, most
likely from an earlier version of my flow program, which was created by my
predecessor, to only write from the primary node. This, I believe, makes it
an *isolated processor*. The strange thing, and the reason that I say it was
from an earlier version is that there was an italicized option selected in
the *Scheduling Strategy* field of the processors *Scheduling* tab that said
something like "only on primary node," which is not even an option in 1.*
versions of NiFi. I changed that to "Timer driven" and made sure the new
*Execution* select box had "All Nodes" selected as well. This allowed all
nodes to write to HDFS at the same time.Configuration before:
<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n14562/PutHDFS_Isolated.png>
Configuration after:
<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n14562/PutHDFS_AllNodes.png>
All nodes writing at once (evidence it worked):
<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n14562/PutHDFS_AllNodesWritingAtOnce.png>
Cheers!