Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Francis Bouchard-Boulianne <Fr...@USherbrooke.ca> on 2016/07/21 15:59:28 UTC

Admin password and cypher types

Hi,

Running 2.0-M4 standalone installation, we are trying to get some knowlage and do proof of concepts.

How do we change the hardcoded admin password ?

If we change de cypher type to AES (in admin > parameters). We cannot log back into the syncope console using the admin account/password. Obviously this is linked to our question #1 :)

Regards.
Francis Bouchard B.
Analyse - Analyse et assurance qualité - division Systèmes d'information.
Service des technologies de l'information
Université de Sherbrooke

Tél. : 819 821-8000, poste 63465
Courriel : Francis.Bouchard-Boulianne@usherbrooke.ca

Re: Admin password and cypher types

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 21/07/2016 17:59, Francis Bouchard-Boulianne wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Running 2.0-M4 standalone installation, we are trying to get some
> knowlage and do proof of concepts.
>
> How do we change the hardcoded admin password ?
>
> If we change de cypher type to AES (in admin > parameters). We cannot
> log back into the syncope console using the admin account/password.
> Obviously this is linked to our question #1 :)

Hi,
waiting for the final 2.0.0 being available (and the full reference
guide, which is also one of the main reasons why the final 2.0.0 is not
yet available), you can still refer to [1], with particular reference to
the "Apache Syncope >= 1.1.0" section.

HTH
Regards.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Set+administrator+credentials

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC,
CXF Committer, OpenJPA Committer, PonyMail PPMC
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/