Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Marc SCHNEIDER <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/19 11:20:09 UTC

Null parameter when using jax-ws and aegis

Hello,

I'm a newbie to cxf and I try to call a web service method with a
parameter but this one is not taken in account (null is received).

I'm using :
cxf 2.5.1 with jax-ws front end
aegis databinding
spring 3.0.6

Here is my Spring configuration :
http://pastebin.com/zJnAbF4n

Java web service classes :
http://pastebin.com/jcdqiCUT

So when calling the uniqueValues method, the fieldName parameter is
not taken in account.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Marc.

Re: Null parameter when using jax-ws and aegis

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:21:24 PM Marc SCHNEIDER wrote:
> Thanks for your answer,
>
> Ok I'd rather use Aegis because it supports maps and collections out
> of the box. So I'll switch to the simple frontend.

The JAXWS frontend should be fine.   I don't understand what you mean by "the
fieldName parameter is not taken in account."

We'd likely need to see the generated WSDL as well as the SOAP message that is
being sent to make sure the two of them match.    Once common issue between
JAX-WS and Aegis is that Aegis generally prefers qualified schemas whereas
JAX-WS generally produces unqualified.  Thus, making sure the soap message
meets the correct requirements can sometimes be challenging.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: Null parameter when using jax-ws and aegis

Posted by Marc SCHNEIDER <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi thanks for your answers,

@Glen
Thanks for the link. I've been googling a lot and found this document
to handle maps (http://blog.bdoughan.com/2010/07/xmladapter-jaxbs-secret-weapon.html).
But frankly speaking this is a pain to have to write all this code to
handle just a map. And as far as I understand you have to repeat this
process for each Map containing different types.

@Benson
I have the problem mentioned below. But I don't think this is a bug
because it's too trivial in my opinion. So I was asking for help in
case I did something wrong in the configuration.

Regards,
Marc.

Posted by Marc SCHNEIDER <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Benson,

Do you have a complete example of JAX-WS and Aegis configuration with Spring?
The CXF wiki is quite poor at this level.

Thanks,
Marc.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.

--
Glen Mazza
Talend Community Coders

Re: Null parameter when using jax-ws and aegis

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.

Posted by Marc SCHNEIDER <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your answer,