Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Patnaik, Anjela" <AP...@ciena.com> on 2009/06/30 19:14:14 UTC

ant task for create a package

Hello all,

I've a java application that is built using ant. Now, this app also includes config file, text files, shell scripts, etc. and I am looking to package all these files somehow and use pkgmk to generate a solaris package.

I'd then install the package on a separate solaris machine using pkgadd.

I saw in the mailing archives that someone had submitted a custom task to run pkgmk via ant.

I'd like to know if it's part of ant and if so, how to use it?

Thank you!!

Re: ant task for create a package

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
[please note that this question had better been sent to the user
mailing list]

On 2009-06-30, Patnaik, Anjela <AP...@ciena.com> wrote:

> I saw in the mailing archives that someone had submitted a custom
> task to run pkgmk via ant.

> I'd like to know if it's part of ant

No, it has not become part of Ant.

> and if so, how to use it?

You could ask on the user mailing list (much bigger audience) whether
anybody there has any experience with the combination of pkgmk and Ant
and what turned out to be useful for them.

Stefan