Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Federico Fanton <ff...@ibc.it> on 2007/08/24 12:08:48 UTC

setEnabled() and complex components

Hi everyone!
I was wondering, is there a way to cleanly enable/disable complex components such as DateFields and Palettes? I see that Component.setEnabled() is final so it cannot be overridden to handle special cases.. Should I always call visitChildren() on the component and setEnabled() on every subcomponent?

(as a side question, why does Wicket make such a wide use of final methods? Doesn't this limit component customisation a lot? Maybe it's because of upgrading concerns?)

Many thanks for your attention!

Re: setEnabled() and complex components

Posted by Federico Fanton <ff...@ibc.it>.
On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:24:46 +0200
Federico Fanton <ff...@ibc.it> wrote:

> > I was wondering, is there a way to cleanly enable/disable complex components such as DateFields and Palettes? I see that Component.setEnabled() is final so it cannot be overridden to handle special cases.. Should I always call visitChildren() on the component and setEnabled() on every subcomponent?
>
> Just noticed that isEnabled isn't final.. Should I ovveride it and call setEnabled on the subcomponents there?

Did that with DateFields and it works, while Palettes subcomponents handle getPalette().isEnabled() on their own.. Problem solved X-) Thanks for the attention all the same!

Re: setEnabled() and complex components

Posted by Federico Fanton <ff...@ibc.it>.
On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:08:48 +0200