Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2013/09/12 00:07:33 UTC

moving our wiki from SF to ASF

I have a script ready to move our wiki from
https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/wiki/ to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/

It's using our standard wiki API, so each page's content will be moved, but no
revision history, comments, or attachments.  I'll manually re-add any
attachments.  IMO  its ok to lose the comments, since they are mostly users
asking miscellaneous questions, sometimes about Allura and sometimes about
SourceForge.

I'll run a full export of the wiki (includes comments) and save that somewhere
on the allura-vm.a.o server for reference.  I'll then remove the SF wiki and
redirect those URLs to the forge-allura.a.o URLs.

Any concerns?  If not, I'll do this in a day or two.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal

Re: moving our wiki from SF to ASF

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
On 9/12/13 6:02 AM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
> 2013/9/12 Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>
>
>> I have a script ready to move our wiki from
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/wiki/ to
>> https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/
>>
>> It's using our standard wiki API, so each page's content will be moved,
>> but no
>> revision history, comments, or attachments.  I'll manually re-add any
>> attachments.  IMO  its ok to lose the comments, since they are mostly users
>> asking miscellaneous questions, sometimes about Allura and sometimes about
>> SourceForge.
>>
>> I'll run a full export of the wiki (includes comments) and save that
>> somewhere
>> on the allura-vm.a.o server for reference.  I'll then remove the SF wiki
>> and
>> redirect those URLs to the forge-allura.a.o URLs.
>>
>> Any concerns?  If not, I'll do this in a day or two.
>>

> The actual tickets would be closed and linking to their new home, right?
>
> Roberto

I'm just working on the wiki right now.  My plan is for each page to redirect
automatically to the new location

Posted by Roberto Galoppini <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
On 9/13/13 1:08 PM, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 9/13/13, Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> wrote:
>> Done.  https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/wiki/Allura%20Wiki/
>>
>> I've made some edits to the main wiki page, anyone feel free to make
>> further
>> improvements.
>>

> JFYI
> At the footer there's still a link pointing at http://sourceforge.net/p/allura/

Thanks for catching that.  I changed that and several other references on my
db/5966 branch, so when [#5966] is reviewed and merged, that'll get changed.

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 9/13/13, Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> wrote:
> Done.  https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/wiki/Allura%20Wiki/
>
> I've made some edits to the main wiki page, anyone feel free to make
> further
> improvements.

JFYI
At the footer there's still a link pointing at http://sourceforge.net/p/allura/

Olemis - @olemislc

Apache™ Bloodhound contributor
http://issues.apache.org/bloodhound
http://blood-hound.net

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Apache™ Bloodhound 0.7 listo para descarga -
http://goo.gl/fb/OwzmM

Re: moving our wiki from SF to ASF

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.