Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Williams,Ed" <EW...@cerner.com> on 2002/01/10 21:40:09 UTC

Explanation of how to use in/out parameters

Can anyone point me to where in/out parameters have been
discussed/explained, because I seem to be left out?  I've picked up from
that Holders are probably the answer, but I can find nothing on them.

Alternatively, someone please answer the questions I am finding:
The User's Guide (only doc I can find) has a section on Holders in which it
says: "You'll notice that for each data class that Wsdl2java generates,
there is a corresponding "Holder" class".  I don't see any "Holder" classes
generated for my service.
My service has the following method in it:
Widget readWidget(ReadContext rc, WidgetQualifier wq);
I want the ReadContext to be "in/out" and the WidgetQualifier to be "in".
How do you indicate this to the AxisServlet and to the Java2WSDL (?WSDL)
generator?
Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
Ed
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024.