Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Cyrill Zadra <cy...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/13 12:36:01 UTC

[FALCON] Jenkins job

Hi

Jenkins job for falcon is currently quite massiv and runs only on windows1 node.

1) Checkout  tlf(master), sdk(develop), falcon(develop) from git
2) Copy tlf to sdk
3) Download dependencies like playerglobal, air, JFlex
4) Build SDK
5) Build compiler
6) Execute compiler Tests
  6a) unit-tests
  6b) functional-tests
  6c) feature-tests
7) Build compiler.jx
8) Execute compiler.jx.test

My goal is to have two Falcon Jenkins. One which depends on Flex SDK,
Flash Player and Air Runtime and one that has no flex, flash and air
dependency.  Jenkins job would contain following steps.

1) falcon(develop) from git
2) Build compiler
3) Execute compiler Tests
  3a) unit-tests
4) Build compiler.jx
5) Execute compiler.jx.test

The main advantage would be that this job would run on any os not just
windows. Any thought about it?

Cyrill

Re: [FALCON] Jenkins job

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 8:13 PM, Cyrill Zadra <cy...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Well maybe I should have said windows and mac os x?  I thought it's
> not possible to build a sdk on linux.
>
> Cyrill

That is correct.  The SDK needs Pixel Bender to compile some shaders.
 Pixel Bender is not available for Linux.

There as a thread a while ago where it was suggested [1] that we could
perhaps skip that step and maybe get it to work on Linux.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/5363ziasbdsa5ik7

Re: [FALCON] Jenkins job

Posted by Cyrill Zadra <cy...@gmail.com>.

RE: [FALCON] Jenkins job