Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Michael Brunnbauer <br...@netestate.de> on 2012/08/07 12:30:03 UTC

Re: tdbdump Exception

Hello Andy,

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 09:28:47PM +0100, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> >(A) problem found : timezones with non-zero minutes.
> >Recorded as JENA-287
> Fixed - data on disk is not affected.  It was a bug in reconstructing
> the date time.

Thank you again!

Will there be a new Jena release soon ? Is it safe to replace
lib/jena-tdb-0.9.2.jar in the Jena 2.7.2 distribution with a development
snapshot (for the tools in bin/) ?

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

--
++  Michael Brunnbauer
++  netEstate GmbH

Re: tdbdump Exception

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 07/08/12 11:30, Michael Brunnbauer wrote:

> Hello Andy,
>
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 09:28:47PM +0100, Andy Seaborne wrote:
>>> (A) problem found : timezones with non-zero minutes.
>>> Recorded as JENA-287
>> Fixed - data on disk is not affected.  It was a bug in reconstructing
>> the date time.
>
> Thank you again!
>
> Will there be a new Jena release soon ? Is it safe to replace
> lib/jena-tdb-0.9.2.jar in the Jena 2.7.2 distribution with a development
> snapshot (for the tools in bin/) ?

There is a release later this week.  The build is done and approved, the
release manager will push it to maven and the mirrors soon.

This does not include the stats.opt fix.  That is in the next round of
snapshots - make sure it's dated today or later e.g.

jena-fuseki-0.2.5-20120807.122151-4-distribution.zip

The best way of working is to take consistent build (apache-jena or
jena-fuseki), e.g. all one SNAPSHOT in case theer are any cross-module
changes (unusual but possible).

If you want to stick to formal releases, then it would be best to
upgrade to Jena 2.7.3 then add in jena-tdb-0.9.4-SNAPSHOT -- or use
jena-fuseki-SNAPSHOT.jar which can be used as a single Jar of all jena
and it's dependencies like xerces and slf4j.  That's I work on a newly
built remote machine with the minimum of setup - copy in Fuseki and use
e.g.

    java -cp jena-fuseki.jar tdb.tdbquery ....

	Andy