Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by mu...@renfors.net on 2005/08/19 14:51:49 UTC

Custom SOAP headers in response message

Hi!

I'm developing a Muse application and I need to add some custom SOAP headers to
the response message that the service returns. What is the easiest way to
accomplish this? Can I access the message context after the past pivot is set
in the axis service? This is how i've done it with Axis applications.

Thanks in advance.

 	- Jouni Renfors

Re: Custom SOAP headers in response message

Posted by Ian Springer <ip...@apache.org>.
muselist@renfors.net wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 muselist@renfors.net wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm developing a Muse application and I need to add some custom SOAP
>> headers to the response message that the service returns. What is the
>> easiest way to accomplish this? Can I access the message context
>> after the past pivot is set in the axis service? This is how i've
>> done it with Axis applications.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>>     - Jouni Renfors
>>

> I found the getResourceContext() function that allows me to modify
> current SOAPMessage but unfortunately the framework overwrites my
> custom SOAP headers in the response message. Is there some way to add
> the custom soap headers to the response message without modifying muse
> source code? It seems that the pivot point is set after the service
> method returns, is this correct?
>
>     - Jouni Renfors

Hi Jouni,

Yes, that's correct, the ResourceContext only allows you to get at the
request SOAPMessage. I had suggested in an earlier email that you write
a JAX-RPC handler and add your custom response headers in its
handleResponse method. Is there some reason why this option won't work
for you?

Thanks,
Ian

Re: Custom SOAP headers in response message

Posted by mu...@renfors.net.