Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Venkat <ve...@apache.org> on 2021/05/06 04:13:14 UTC

Seeking inputs on the Apache Sqoop project

Hello Apache Sqoop community,
As you may have noticed, the last Apache Sqoop release was more than 3 years
ago.   No new PMC member or committer has been added to the project in the
last 30 months.
Since the last release, features, bug fixes and activities on the
project have steadily
diminished..

Given this I would like to poll the community for roadmap suggestions
and contributions towards them

If there are not any suggestions, moving the project to the Apache
Attic[1].is the best
approach that the community can take.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thanks,

Venkat

[1] http://attic.apache.org/

Re: Seeking inputs on the Apache Sqoop project

Posted by Venkat Ranganathan <ve...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your email.   Moving to the attic just does not mean that
the product will not  be available to use.  Mature projects move to
the Attic, but can still be available to users who want to continue
using it.

From the Apache Attic[1] project, moving to Apache Attic is intended to
* Be non-impacting to users
* Provide restricted oversight for these codebases
* Provide oversight for active user lists with no Project Management
Committee (PMC)

Venkat

--
Regards

Venkat

Re: Seeking inputs on the Apache Sqoop project