Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Fernando Bugni <fe...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/17 14:45:56 UTC

How to detect an old consumer

Hello,

I want to detect old consumers in my kafka servers. Is there any tool to
see the last date when they connected? I tried in kafka-manager but I only
have the consumer group and its offset, which is not useful to detect that
problem...

Thanks in advance!
--
Fernando Bugni

Re: How to detect an old consumer

Posted by Michael Noll <mi...@confluent.io>.
Old consumers use ZK to store their offsets.  Could you leverage the
timetamps of the corresponding znodes [1] for this?

[1]
https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.5/zookeeperProgrammers.html#sc_zkDataModel_znodes