Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Blessed Sakwe <bl...@adorsys.com> on 2009/10/02 06:41:15 UTC

Help with implementing domain object nodeType

Hello List,

I am in the process of using Jackrabbit for the first time to develop
an e-commerce application for a friend.  I followed this (jackrabbit-
jcr-demo. Another idea) discussion and was able to set up my
repository with spring modules and jackrabbit. In that discussion
Pavel Konnikov explained how to implement custom node types and sent a
link ( http://konnikov.net/GSoC/2007/jackrabbit-jcr-demo/ ) that was
supposed to have had some sample code. But that link happens to be a
link-rot. I am pretty sure that happened because the thread is about
two years old. Is there someone in here who is in the keeping of that
example? If not can some one help me out with a solution of how one
can implement a repository that stores User information that could be
used as an ACL and also other nodes for say Products, Suppliers,
Customers etc. Bellow is the example of a custom nodeType definition
in the discussion.

[mu:root] > rep:root
   + questions (mu:questions)
   + tests (mu:tests)
   + topics (mu:topics)
   + users (mu:users)
1 of 2 9/29/09 9:48 PM
[mu:questions] > nt:folder
   + question (mu:question)
   - author (String)
   - date (Date)
[mu:question] > nt:folder
   + answer (mu:answer)
   + image (nt:file)
   - text (String)
   - weight (Long)
[mu:answer] > nt:resource
   - text (String)
   - isRight (Boolean)
[mu:tests] > nt:folder
   + test (mu:test)
[mu:test] > nt:folder
   + question (mix:referencable)
   - title (String)
[mu:topics] > nt:folder
   + topic (mu:topic)
[mu:topic] > nt:folder
   + test (mix:referencable)
   - theme (String)
[mu:users] > nt:folder
   + user (mu:user)
[mu:user] > nt:resource
   - login (String)
   - password (String)
   - fullName (String)
Anyone with some headway on how to implement a custom definition like
the one mentioned above will help me out greatly. Thanks a million in
advance to that good samaritan.
Regards,

jackrabbit-jcr-demo. Another idea. http://www.mail-archive.com/users@jackrabbit.apache.org/ms

Blessed Sakwe
blessed.sakwe@adorsys.com
901-494-3203
Adorsys, LLC Suite 1430
7000 Central Parkway
Atlanta, Georgia, 30328

Re: Help with implementing domain object nodeType

Posted by Blessed Sakwe <bl...@adorsys.com>.
I guess you are right, I should have been more specific. I am not sure
how much specificity is required since this is my first project with
JCR and I consider it a test drive. This is what I would like to
achieve and please feel free to break it open and let me know what I
am doing wrong. I will like to use the JCR in two ways. First as a
simple data storage where all products information including their
images will be stored.  Since security will be implemented at the
application level using spring 2.0, all I would like to have is a way
of storing my users information into this JCR and provide access
through a business service to the front end.  The second part is
provide the owners of the application access to this repository
through a web layer for them to add and remove and update some
repository information. But all that will be done through a service
layer also. Like I said earlier, I got everything set up and have some
custom nodes registered to the nodeType Registry using springmodules
0.9. I am using JcrMappingTemplate persistence layer to access the
repository but I guess what I do not understand is how to actually
proceed from there.

I have read information in this list about unstructured vs
hierarchical model. My understanding is that hierarchical model is
advantageous in the sense that it  provides for integration with
certain technologies that are already out there. But how do I go about
making this happen?

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.