Posted to user@shale.apache.org by stephan opitz <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/02 21:35:40 UTC

Re: shale-tiger 1.0.3 with JSF 1.2 problem

so i have to ask a final question.

if shale works with any jsf ri

what is it exactly...

brings it the jsf ri with it so that existing jf applications can be adopted.

or does it need jsf libaries - but no found like myfaces @ shale.apache.org

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 10/2/06, stephan opitz <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> so i have to ask a final question.
>
> if shale works with any jsf ri
>
> what is it exactly...
>
> brings it the jsf ri with it so that existing jf applications can be
> adopted.
>
> or does it need jsf libaries - but no found like myfaces @
> shale.apache.org

I'll speak to the state of the current code (there were some incorrect
dependency declarations in the Maven pom files):

* Shale works fine with the MyFaces 1.1.4 and RI 1.1_02 implementations
  (except for one particular unit test that might well be a problem in the
test).

* There are current issues with JSF 1.2 (particularly in the view handler),
  but other portions (like the new dialog manager currently in the sandbox
  but about to be re-imported back into the trunk.

The design intent of Shale is to work on anyone's 1.1 or
1.2implementation.  That being said, Shale was primarily written
before
1.2 existed, so it will need to accomodate the differences.

Shale *requires* that a JSF implementation (typically an API jar and an
implementation jar) be present -- it can either be included in your
WEB-INF/lib directory (along with all of its dependencies), or built in to
the app server's shared library directory.  The latter is the way JSF
1.2will be available on all Java EE 5 servers (such as Glassfish),
because JSF
1.2 is a required part of the EE 5 platform.

Craig