Posted to commits@nutch.apache.org by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org> on 2005/09/12 20:06:59 UTC

Re: [Nutch-cvs] svn commit: r280368 - /lucene/nutch/branches/mapred/src/java/org/apache/nutch/fs/TestClient.java

cutting@apache.org wrote:
> Author: cutting
> Date: Mon Sep 12 10:03:00 2005
> New Revision: 280368

> Log:
> Change so that -du and -ls commands work with zero arguments.

Come to think of that... Shouldn't the enigmatic "TestClient" be renamed
to something like NDFSShell or something like this? Tests are placed
somewhere else, so the name of this class doesn't fit here (and IMHO it
should stay here, or perhaps in tools/).

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: [Nutch-cvs] svn commit: r280368 - /lucene/nutch/branches/mapred/src/java/org/apache/nutch/fs/TestClient.java

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@nutch.org>.
Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
> Come to think of that... Shouldn't the enigmatic "TestClient" be renamed
> to something like NDFSShell or something like this? Tests are placed
> somewhere else, so the name of this class doesn't fit here (and IMHO it
> should stay here, or perhaps in tools/).

Yes, TestClient is a bad name.  NDFSShell would be better.  I would also
vote to move it to the ndfs package, along with NDFSFileSystem.java.

Doug