Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shefali Dubey <sh...@vmware.com> on 2018/01/29 23:14:45 UTC

Change in behavior of CoreDescriptors

Hello,

I observed the following change on switching from solr verion 6.4.2 to 6.6.2:

In 6.6.2, in case of an init failure, SolrCores.getCoreDescriptor does not return the core. The core is transient in nature but was not present in transient core cache.
This was not the case in 6.4.2. I was getting the CoreDescriptor even in case of init failure.
As a result of described behavior, unload of such a core (one with init failures) does not work properly.

Thanks,
Shefali

Re: Change in behavior of CoreDescriptors

Posted by Shefali Dubey <sh...@vmware.com>.
Thanks for your response.
CoreDescriptor is not present in TransientSolrCoreCacheDefault for a core that has init failure. Is that expected?

On 1/29/18, 4:35 PM, "Erick Erickson" <er...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Lots of that was reworked between those two versions.

    I'm not clear what you expect here. If a core fails to initialize,
    then what's the purpose of unloading it? It isn't there in the first
    place. The coreDescriptor should still be available if you need that,
    and can be used to load the core later if the init issue is fixed.

    Best,
    Erick

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.