Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2003/12/01 23:29:04 UTC

Torque and logging

Hi all,

In my torque.properties file, I have configured logging like so:

log4j.rootCategory = DEBUG, patricia
log4j.appender.patricia = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.patricia.file = /tmp/torque.log
log4j.appender.patricia.layout = org.apache.log4j.SimpleLayout

torque.applicationRoot = .

torque.database.default=patricia
torque.database.patricia.adapter=postgresql

## Using JNDI
torque.dsfactory.patricia.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.JndiDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.patricia.jndi.path=java:comp/env/jdbc/GlobalPatricia

However, for some reason no log file appears in /tmp. Can anyone see
anything wrong in this config?

Regards,
Graham

Re: Torque and logging

Posted by Charles-Alexandre Sabourdin <ka...@dedaletechnology.com>.
That might be because you did not start log4j in your main() methode

Le Lundi 1 Décembre 2003 23:29, Graham Leggett a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> In my torque.properties file, I have configured logging like so:
>
> log4j.rootCategory = DEBUG, patricia
> log4j.appender.patricia = org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
> log4j.appender.patricia.file = /tmp/torque.log
> log4j.appender.patricia.layout = org.apache.log4j.SimpleLayout
>
> torque.applicationRoot = .
>
> torque.database.default=patricia
> torque.database.patricia.adapter=postgresql
>
> ## Using JNDI
> torque.dsfactory.patricia.factory=org.apache.torque.dsfactory.JndiDataSourc
>eFactory
> torque.dsfactory.patricia.jndi.path=java:comp/env/jdbc/GlobalPatricia
>
> However, for some reason no log file appears in /tmp. Can anyone see
> anything wrong in this config?
>
> Regards,
> Graham

Charles-Alexandre