Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2018/03/06 19:29:19 UTC

[DISCUSS] What should we bundle in our bin tarball?

On the vote thread for hbase-2.0.0-beta-2, it was noted that the bulk of
our convenience bin tarball size is test javadoc [1] (~ > 50%). Should our
bin tarball include all possible doc both api and dev api for both test and
user?

I could make it so we do not build dev doc by default or that we do not
include it in our bin tarball? What do you all think?

Thanks,
St.Ack

1.
$ cd hbase-2.0.0-beta-2
$ du -sh *
256K CHANGES.txt
4.0K LEGAL
128K LICENSE.txt
420K NOTICE.txt
4.0K README.txt
184K bin
 40K conf
818M docs
620K hbase-webapps
129M lib

$ cd docs/
$ du -sh *
  0B _chapters
 28K acid-semantics.html
 11M apache_hbase_reference_guide.pdf
152M apidocs
 32K asciidoctor.css
4.0K book
1.9M book.html
 16K bulk-loads.html
 20K coc.html
4.0K coderay-asciidoctor.css
116K css
 36K cygwin.html
 20K dependencies.html
272K dependency-convergence.html
 16K dependency-info.html
 48K dependency-management.html
332M devapidocs
4.0K doap_Hbase.rdf
 16K export_control.html
200K fonts
 32K hbase.css
2.5M images
 28K img
 20K index.html
 16K integration.html
 16K issue-tracking.html
148K js
 28K license.html
 16K mail-lists.html
 20K metrics.html
 24K old_news.html
 20K plugin-management.html
 20K plugins.html
 40K poweredbyhbase.html
 16K project-info.html
 16K project-reports.html
 16K project-summary.html
 16K pseudo-distributed.html
 16K replication.html
372K repo
 16K resources.html
 16K source-repository.html
 16K sponsors.html
 24K supportingprojects.html
 32K team-list.html
112M testapidocs
205M testdevapidocs

Re: [DISCUSS] What should we bundle in our bin tarball?

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1

I would also be supportive of ripping it all out for the reasons that
Andrew already stated.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.