Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Andrew Palumbo <ap...@outlook.com> on 2016/05/26 01:22:26 UTC

Hadoop 1 Support Going forward

What are people feeling about continuing supporting Hadoop 1 going forward? Currently I don't believe that there Is a reason not to, aside from regular Jenkins hiccups and some minor addition to the complexity of the example scripts.

I do believe though that we've discussed dropping the Hadoop 1 profile and am wondering where people are at with that.

Thanks

Andy

Re: Hadoop 1 Support Going forward

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.
This is something we wanted to address at the time of 0.10.0 release in
April 2015, but we chose to retain Hadoop 1 support due to customers that
were still running hadoop 1.

I would vote to stop hadoop 1 support, get rid of the botched hadoop 1
jenkins builds and one less thing to worry about while we have bigger fish
to fry.

Posted by Andrew Palumbo <ap...@outlook.com>.
Started MAHOUT-1865 for this task.  Won't be doing any work this weekend.
From: Andrew Palumbo <ap...@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, May 27, 2016 at 3:45 PM
Subject: Re: Hadoop 1 Support Going forward
To: "dev@mahout.apache.org" <de...@mahout.apache.org>

So I'm reading this as basically (in support of Hadoop 1)
-1 Suneel
-0 Isabel (maybe -1 if we agree that there is no one around to fix things
Immediately in the case of eg a secutity issue?)
-.9 Dmitriy

and I'll add my:
-1

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Should we put this to an official vote?  or should we just go ahead begin
the process of purging hadoop 1  support?
Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dmitriy Lyubimov <dl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Palumbo <ap...@outlook.com>.

Posted by Isabel Drost-Fromm <is...@apache.org>.