Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Ameya Bhagat <am...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/09 23:44:47 UTC

Kafka High Level Consumer Connector shuts down after 10 seconds

I am using a high level consumer as described at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Consumer+Group+Example

I am noticing that my consumer does not run forever and ends after some
time (< 15s). At the zookeeper side, I see the following:

INFO Processed session termination for sessionid: 0x144a4854325004d
(org.apache.zookeeper.server.PrepRequestProcessor)
INFO Closed socket connection for client /127.0.0.1:59899 which had
sessionid 0x144a4854325004d (org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn)

I am using default configurations. How do I make my consumer listen forever?

Thanks
Ameya

Re: Kafka High Level Consumer Connector shuts down after 10 seconds

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Session termination can happen either when client or zookeeper process
pauses (due to GC) or when the client process terminates. A sustainable
solution is to tune GC settings. For now, you can try increasing the
zookeeper.session.timeout.ms.