Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Francis Vila <fv...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/09 07:26:06 UTC

Re: Suggestions for new set of integration pattern symbols

This post contains an offer to contribute towards the diagrams symbolizing
the Camel patters, with 6 different suggested formats

Re: Suggestions for new set of integration pattern symbols

Posted by Francis Vila <fv...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback @whiskey  !
Not quite sure what you mean about the /need to ‘describe/name/reference’
major ‘conditions or logic predicates’ on message handling inside the box/
Is this the kind of thing you have in mind:
<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/file/n5789957/MessageRouter_text_edit.png>
This is an example in PowerPoint (maybe not the most popular software among
members of this forum?) with an export to .wmf, ungrouped then with text
edited.
About formats: I think if we provide .svg files then everyone can convert to
the format most suitable to their editing software.
About text: maybe we can provide 2 versions with / without text

Re: Suggestions for new set of integration pattern symbols

Posted by Vincent Nonnenmacher <vi...@gmail.com>.
I like the version 3 and 4 (with the nice round idea of the six version),
as there is always a need to name the box, so an outline is more often
quite mandatory.

The original lib (visio and omnigraffle) could benefit from a nice ‘design
refresh’.

One missing point however in using those blocks in diagrams, is the fact
that there is a need to ‘describe/name/reference’
major ‘conditions or logic predicates’ on message handling inside the box
(a route endpoint/node)

If you take your example, there is often a need to make an arrow pointing
inside
the ‘moving part of the switch’ to describe/reference/annotate what
destination will be chosen.

Having that in mind, will make the overall look and feel of the diagram
easier to grasp as there is no more ‘visual disparity’
in comprehension of the overall picture.