Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Tom Hoag <to...@cluebucket.com> on 2010/08/13 20:35:05 UTC

Installing Couchdb on EC2 -- make error

I've been attempting to install couchdb on EC2 using the wiki page
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Getting_started_with_Amazon_EC2

I wasn't able to get configure to run until I changed my sources.list
from 'intrepid min' to 'jaunty'

Now I'm getting stuck on make -- everything appears to be fine until:

/usr/bin/erlc  mochifmt.erl
/usr/bin/erlc  mochifmt_records.erl
/usr/bin/erlc  mochifmt_std.erl
/usr/bin/erlc  mochiglobal.erl
./mochiglobal.erl:36: type boolean() undefined
make[3]: *** [mochiglobal.beam] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/couchdb/src/mochiweb'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/couchdb/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/couchdb'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas on what I can pursue here?

(Also, is there a means to search the mailing list archives?)

thanks

tom

Tom Hoag
Cluebucket Software LLC
tom@cluebucket.com

Re: Installing Couchdb on EC2 -- make error

Posted by andy e <vi...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, no help here re: EC2, but looks like MarkMail can be used for
searching the list.

http://markmail.org/search/?q=EC2+list:org.apache.couchdb.user

andy

Posted by Jonathan Weiss <jw...@innerewut.de>.
We (Scalarium.com) maintain a CouchDB Chef cookbook at
http://github.com/peritor/example-cookbooks/tree/master/couchdb/

Jonathan

--
Jonathan Weiss
http://blog.innerewut.de

Re: Installing Couchdb on EC2 -- make error

Posted by Sebastian Cohnen <se...@googlemail.com>.
just wanted to add that you can also use my script (http://gist.github.com/521297) to use build-couchdb and install it as a system service on ubuntu/debian.

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@couch.io>.