Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ganesh <em...@yahoo.co.in> on 2009/12/03 10:03:52 UTC

Sorting issues resolved in 3.0?

Hello all,

Sorting consumes huge amount of memory. Did 2.9.1 /3.0 has ability to customize field cache. In my case, 80% of documents are required to be sorted. Currently the field cache is loading all records.

Is there any custom interface available to decide which document to be loaded in cache?

Is there any functionality to load this fieldcache from disk rather completly keeping in to memory. Something similar to ehcache.

Is any optimization done in sorting.

Regards
Ganesh

RE: Sorting issues resolved in 3.0?

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
In 3.0 nothing changed about that (and also in 2.9). Only that the
FieldCache is now segment-wise which makes IndexReader.reopen be faster.

But you are still able to do your own sorting with own structures, you just
have to write your own TopDocsCollector.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de