Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com> on 2004/03/25 21:24:46 UTC

problems with rc1

So, I decided to upgrade my app to RC1 to take advantage of some of the
component updates and now parts of my app are no longer working as they
were in beta-3. I have gone through the distribution files and insured
that all of my libs are the same version as those in the dist. My
initial screen comes up fine (login), but as soon as I login I get
this:

org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationRuntimeException

Unable to instantiate an instance of class
com.sandcast.caelum.admin.web.components.Border.

component:
com.sandcast.caelum.admin.web.pages.UserHome@143753[UserHome]

location:
context:/WEB-INF/Border.jwc, line 7, column 130

  java.lang.InstantiationException

Stack Trace:

sun.reflect.InstantiationExceptionConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(In
stantiationExceptionConstructorAccessorImpl.java:30)
	• 	 java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:274)
	• 	 java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:306)
	• 	 java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:259)
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.instantiateComponent(PageLoader.
java:609)
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.createImplicitComponent(PageLoad
er.java:570)
org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponentTemplateLoader.createImplicitComponent(
BaseComponentTemplateLoader.java:295)
org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponentTemplateLoader.process(BaseComponentTem
plateLoader.java:237)
org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponentTemplateLoader.process(BaseComponentTem
plateLoader.java:172)
org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponent.readTemplate(BaseComponent.java:100)
org.apache.tapestry.BaseComponent.finishLoad(BaseComponent.java:135)
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.constructComponent(PageLoader.ja
va:520)
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageLoader.loadPage(PageLoader.java:760)
org.apache.tapestry.pageload.PageSource.getPage(PageSource.java:153)
org.apache.tapestry.engine.RequestCycle.getPage(RequestCycle.java:196)
org.apache.tapestry.engine.RequestCycle.activate(RequestCycle.java:674)
	• 	 com.sandcast.caelum.admin.web.pages.Login.loginUser(Login.java:114)
com.sandcast.caelum.admin.web.pages.Login.loginSubmit(Login.java:89)
<snip/>

My Border class is simply a class extending BaseComponent with no
constructor (which worked in b3). The bulk of it is in the .html/.page
file which right now is merely navigation links in a table format.

-warner

Re: problems with rc1

Posted by Warner Onstine <sw...@warneronstine.com>.
Erik pointed out that abstract classes need abstract methods (which
mine doesn't - yet), so making it concrete fixed the problem.

-warner

Re: problems with rc1

Posted by Warner Onstine <wa...@warneronstine.com>.