Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Adams Christian <ch...@comlet.de> on 2006/08/31 11:58:52 UTC

Which effort would it be to make SocketAppender run?

Hello,

I use log4cxx and now would like to use the SocketAppender. But I found
that some code is commented out or disabled with #if 0 ... #endif.
Also I found that the reason for this is the change from hard coded char
to logchar which could be char or wchar_t.
Also I found that mainly socketinputstream.cpp has to be fixed to get
socketappender runing. Is that correct?

Can someone tell me what I would have to do to get socketappender to
run?

Greetings

Christian Adams

Re: Which effort would it be to make SocketAppender run?

Posted by Andreas Fester <af...@apache.org>.
Hi,

which code do you actually refer to? In the current SVN HEAD, the
socketappender.cpp and socketoutputstream.cpp do not contain any
disabled code (only some debug output is commented out).
Note that there is also a daily dist-tarball available at
http://littletux.homelinux.org/log4cxx/

Best Regards,

	Andreas