Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Adrian Edwards <ad...@netimpact.com.au> on 2002/03/01 08:33:42 UTC

Example extension

Hi fop-dev,

Has anyone written a simple(ish) FOP extension that they would be
willing to share with the list (or even just me) as an example?  I'm
talking full jar file here.  The lack of examples (other than the quite
complicated SVG extension) in the docs and on the mailing lists is quite
frustrating.

We don't have to go through the work of writing it up for publication
(yet).  Just seeing the mechanics of someone else's jar would be great
for beginners.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Adrian Edwards
Application Developer
Netimpact Online Publishing
http://www.netimpact.com.au

Re: Example extension

Posted by Matt Savino <ma...@synergizethis.com>.
I've been told than an extension is the way to go for these two needed
features:

1. Add a string ['(Continued)'] to a table header if the table spans
multiple pages. Note these tables are part of the content and can start
anywhere in the page. They could be seen more like paragraphs or blocks
with a title. Any other solution to this problem is acceptable.

2. Separate page number display for a subsection. IE - master document
is page 4 of 7, but subsection is page 2 of 3.

Please let me know if I'm missing any existing functionality that solves
these problems. I am planning to look into writing an extension some
day. An example would certainly help.

In the meantime, someone mentioned using iText for final stage add-on
functionality like this. Does that make any sense here?

Thanks a lot,
Matt

BTW, if anyone is in there poking around with the redesign, and feels
like creating a table-add-something-different-to-header-after-break
property, or even table-omit-header-before-break, I know I'd love you
for it.

Re: Example extension

Posted by Matt Savino <ma...@synergizethis.com>.
[...]

property, or even table-omit-header-before-break, I'd certainly love you
for it.

Re: Example extension

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
Hi,