Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Cheolgoo Kang <ap...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/24 03:15:20 UTC

Why is the constructor of TopFieldDocs not public?

I'm subclassing MultiSearcher and writing a customized searcher on my own.

The search( Weight, Filter, int, Sort ) method on MultiSearcher should
return TopFieldDocs, but I cannot instantiate one cause TopFieldDocs
constructor is declared as package-private. (TopFieldDocs itself is
public!)

Is there any reason the constructor of TopFieldDocs has no modifier declaration?

- Cheolgoo Kang

Re: Why is the constructor of TopFieldDocs not public?

Posted by Cheolgoo Kang <ap...@gmail.com>.
Here are two package-private issues I've met. But I could find
workarounds on these issues easily.

o.a.l.search.FieldDocSortedHitQueue
o.a.l.search.HitQueue

I think any of package-private methods of those two class should be public.

- Cheolgoo Kang

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.