Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org> on 2017/10/16 22:02:30 UTC

[Performance WG] Meeting this Wednesday

Hi folks,

We have another performance working group meeting this Wednesday at 10am
PST, you can add the calendar here: http://mesos.apache.org/community/

The plan for the meeting is for Yan and Ilya to go over benchmark results
for master failover and the HTTP API, respectively. We'll also talk about
some recent updates to support arena allocation for protobuf messages, and
some of the ongoing copy elimination work.

Feel free to add items to the agenda! And if you're interested in
contributing code (even if you don't know where to start), feel free to
reach out. We'd love to have the help and can point you in the right
direction. :)

Ben

Re: [Performance WG] Meeting this Wednesday

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.
Thanks a lot Yan and Ilya for presenting the benchmarks! Notes are in the
agenda:
https://docs.google.com/a/mesosphere.io/document/d/12hWGuzbqyNWc2l1ysbPcXwc0pzHEy4bodagrlNGCuQU/edit?usp=drive_web

Some action items from the meeting:

-Yan & Ilya, will you guys be able to publish the benchmark perf results in
JIRA? Also would be great to get these benchmarks committed, I'm happy to
help review.
-Ilya was going to try turning on the lock free event queue & run queue to
see the impact on the v0 vs v1 api benchmark.
-Ilya, you mentioned that doing per-connection authentication rather than
per-request authentication is a large improvement to the http api
throughput. Are you interested in working on this? I could help review and
pull in some folks with context.
-Dmitry & mpark were going to work on support for moving bound variables
into defer and dispatch.

Feel free to use this thread or the #performance channel in slack!

Ben

Posted by Judith Malnick <jm...@mesosphere.io>.

--
Judith Malnick