Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> on 2019/09/18 10:29:43 UTC

possible FORGED_GMAIL_RCVD false positive

Hello,

I have received following spam:

https://pastebin.com/SkvkVWik

This hits FORGED_GMAIL_RCVD although the message came from google mail
servers.

According to HeaderEval.pm, message apparently misses X-Google-Smtp-Source
header

is there any reason to expect that header in mail from gmail?
Linux is like a teepee: no Windows, no Gates and an apache inside...

Re: possible FORGED_GMAIL_RCVD false positive

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

On 19.09.19 08:30, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
>both headers should be there, anyway the fp has been fixed in r1867159.
> Giovanni

I have other two examples without that one header, received from google.com
servers and both missing X-Google-Smtp-Source.

Is there source for this information or is it just based on observation?

However, yes, looking at that change, FP should be fixed. The downside is
that it needs update to SA, not just SA rules.

WinError #98652: Operation completed successfully.

Re: possible FORGED_GMAIL_RCVD false positive

Posted by Giovanni Bechis <gi...@paclan.it>.

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.