Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pinate Aramsangrungroj <pi...@yahoo.com> on 2014/03/05 00:22:15 UTC

[users@httpd] issue with Apache2::Cookie

Hi,

We have just installed Auth handler (Apache ) using mod_perl2 and CAS.  Our target application relies on cookies, and internally it use Apache2::Cookie.

It appears that our set up works on some browsers and most of the time does not work when browsing through vpn. On the browser that our application doesn't work, it look like cookies not getting set or passed.

I am just curious if Apache2::Cookie is the standard way of dealing with cookie, in other word is its behaviour consistent across browsers? Could anyone give any advise?

Thanks

Pinate

[users@httpd] Re: issue with Apache2::Cookie

Posted by Keith Lawson <Ke...@sjhc.london.on.ca>.

<13...@n6.nabble.com>, pinate <pi...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> We use Apache2::Cookie which is a part of libapreq2
> ,http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/docs/libapreq2/group__apreq__xs__cookie.html.

Ah. I've never seen this module before.

> We call Apache2::Cookie->fetch($r) to retrieve incoming request's cookies.
> It looks to me, browser under vpn doesn't send cookie ? or there might need
> some configuration to make this work.
>
> Anyone has any idea?

Your VPN shouldn't make any difference unless it's proxying traffic and manipulating the HTTP data. You can troubleshoot this by installing Firebug and looking at the HTTP request/response headers. Once you have firebug installed enable it for the page you need to diagnose, load the page and then look at the "Net" tab in firebug. In that tab you can see the HTTP request and response headers. If the cookie is being sent you'll see it in the HTTP request and if the server is setting it you'll see it in the HTTP response.

Also be sure to ensure your cookie domain is valid for the web server you're connecting to, that's an issue we've encountered here before.

That's where I'd start anyway.

> Thanks
>
> Pinate

This information is directed in confidence solely to the person named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. This information may not otherwise be distributed, copied or disclosed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately via a return e-mail and destroy original message. Thank you for your cooperation.

[users@httpd] Re: issue with Apache2::Cookie

Re: [users@httpd] issue with Apache2::Cookie

Posted by Keith Lawson <Ke...@sjhc.london.on.ca>.

<13...@web140405.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>, Pinate
Aramsangrungroj <pi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have just installed Auth handler (Apache ) using mod_perl2 and CAS.  Our
> target application relies on cookies, and internally it use Apache2::Cookie.
>
> It appears that our set up works on some browsers and most of the time does
> not work when browsing through vpn. On the browser that our application
> doesn't work, it look like cookies not getting set or passed.
>
> I am just curious if Apache2::Cookie is the standard way of dealing with
> cookie, in other word is its behaviour consistent across browsers? Could
> anyone give any advise?

Did you mean "Apache2::AuthCookie"? We're using that here and don't have any browser issues with IE 6-10, Firefox or Chrome.