Posted to dev@chukwa.apache.org by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com> on 2010/07/13 12:29:45 UTC

new IncubatorPodling("chukwa").start();

Hi,

So I guess Chukwa still wants to do incubation and everyone is only
waiting for the first move, right?

Following the procedures described here
  http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html
the mentors should make sure the proper steps are initiated.
These would be:
add status page in Incubator wiki - TODO
add to Incubator reporting schedule - TODO
mail lists - move to where? stay as is?
subversion - TODO: move from Hadoop to Incubator
bug tracker - already exists, anything more to do?

Anyone volunteering?

  Bernd

Re: new IncubatorPodling("chukwa").start();

Posted by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org>.
On Jul 13, 2010, at 3:29 AM, Bernd Fondermann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So I guess Chukwa still wants to do incubation and everyone is only
> waiting for the first move, right?
>
> Following the procedures described here
>  http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html
> the mentors should make sure the proper steps are initiated.
> These would be:
> add status page in Incubator wiki - TODO
> add to Incubator reporting schedule - TODO
> mail lists - move to where? stay as is?

I don't think it makes much sense to leave the mail lists under
hadoop.apache.org. I'd vote to move them over to:
user@chukwa.apache.org
dev@chukwa.apache.org
commits@chukwa.apache.org

> subversion - TODO: move from Hadoop to Incubator

I can do this, as I have perms on both sides. Let's do this on Friday
morning at 9am pdt. Please don't do any commits after 16 July 9am PDT
until I give the all clear.

> bug tracker - already exists, anything more to do?

When the URL's and mailing lists change, we'll need to update them in
Jira. Other than that, I just removed the "Hadoop" prefix in a couple
of the names and fields related to Chukwa.

-- Owen

Re: new IncubatorPodling("chukwa").start();

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 10:13, Bernd Fondermann
<be...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 23:42, Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> OK.
>>
>> - I updated the wiki with a reporting schedule.
>
> Great, Thanks.
>
>> - Owen agreed to do the SVN move/ bugtracker update.  Scheduled for Friday.
>>
>> - Who do I need to talk to about moving the mailing lists?
>>
>> As near as I can tell, the status pages are on the incubator website,
>> NOT the wiki.  And I don't currently have commit access to the
>> incubator website svn.  Advise?
>
> I'll tackle that one.

Still on it, please be patient...

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.
OK.

- I updated the wiki with a reporting schedule.

- Owen agreed to do the SVN move/ bugtracker update.  Scheduled for Friday.

- Who do I need to talk to about moving the mailing lists?

As near as I can tell, the status pages are on the incubator website,
NOT the wiki.  And I don't currently have commit access to the
incubator website svn.  Advise?

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department

Re: new IncubatorPodling("chukwa").start();

Posted by Ariel Rabkin <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ahmed Fathalla <af...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I would like to volunteer, I am not a committer on Chukwa, but would like to
help in these steps in any way possible.

Thanks,
Ahmed Fathalla

--
Ahmed Fathalla