Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Alexei Fedotov <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/09 11:55:00 UTC

wicket client-server app

Hello Sir,

Imagine our Apache Openmeetings (Incubating) application runs using
Apache Wicket framework. Then we want to customize a client side of
the application by completely replacing it with a different
application (it is written in flash). Are there any canonical way to
do so?

* How many different protocols wicket application uses (rpc calls,
AJAX requests, anything else)?
* How can I get client-server API from wicket application? Is there
any way to generate a list of remote server calls (via some javadoc
parameters)?
* Is there any wicket source subset which can be used as client SDK to
send server requests using wicket protocols, or just to study how
client-server communication is done?
* Could you please help with any useful reading pointers?
* Imagine wicket filter embedded some database object into HTML (e.g.
a list of users). How can I get that contents (the user list) from
client side? Would wicket server part operate correctly if that
web.xml filter is disabled?

The reason why I ask is the following. Open source users don't like
applications which think for themselves. They come with intention to
add their code and modifications, sometimes the code is already in
place.

Alexei Fedotov / Алексей Федотов,
http://dataved.ru/
+7 916 562 8095