Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Guillaume Yziquel <gu...@crossing-tech.com> on 2012/06/05 16:59:30 UTC

buildr, google repo and releases.

Hi.

I have a collection of git repositories managed by google repo.

    http://source.android.com/source/version-control.html

My current worry is about using the release target of buildr in the
context of git repositories managed hierarchically by repo: First
observation is that the release tags are not propagated to the git
sub-repositories but are only applied to the toplevel git repositories.

Is there any easy monkey-patching way to make the release target support
repo instead of git? (Knowing that repo has the ability to apply some git
commands recursively on sub-repos).

Best regards,

--
Guillaume Yziquel,
Software Developer

Crossing-Tech
Parc Scientifique EPFL
www.crossing-tech.com

Re: buildr, google repo and releases.

Posted by Guillaume Yziquel <gu...@crossing-tech.com>.
Le Tuesday 05 Jun 2012 à 09:41:36 (-0700), Alex Boisvert a écrit :
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 7:59 AM, Guillaume Yziquel <
> guillaume.yziquel@crossing-tech.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I have a collection of git repositories managed by google repo.
> >
> >    http://source.android.com/source/version-control.html
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > Is there any easy monkey-patching way to make the release target support
> > repo instead of git? (Knowing that repo has the ability to apply some git
> > commands recursively on sub-repos).
> >

> Release tagging is pluggable.    Look into lib/buildr/core/build.rb for how
> to plug your Release implementation and for the two reference
> implementations (Git and SVN).
>
> alex

Thanks a lot. Working on it.

Best regards,