Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Nelson Perez <ne...@hotmail.com> on 2006/02/09 10:19:54 UTC

Patterns dont match -- j2eeType

Hi all,

I am trying to run a sample application and I get the following error on the
log file:

00:17:18,234 INFO  [BPrinterGBean] BPrinterGBean has started
00:17:18,234 INFO  [BPrinterGBean]
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=sampleTask/Sample,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=gbean2
00:17:18,250 DEBUG [GBeanSingleReference] Waiting to start
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=sampleTask/Sample,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=MyGBean
because no targets are running for reference Executor matching the patterns
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=sampleTask/Sample,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=null,name=DTP
00:17:18,250 DEBUG [GBeanSingleReference] Waiting to start
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=sampleTask/Sample,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=MyGBean
because no targets are running for reference APrinter matching the patterns
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=sampleTask/Sample,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=null,name=gbean1
00:17:18,250 DEBUG [GBeanSingleReference] Waiting to start
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=sampleTask/Sample,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=MyGBean
because no targets are running for reference BPrinter matching the patterns
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=sampleTask/Sample,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=null,name=gbean2
00:17:18,250 INFO  [APrinterGBean] APrinterGBean has started
00:17:18,250 INFO  [APrinterGBean]
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=sampleTask/Sample,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=gbean1

As you can see, clearly the patterns dont match because in one case we have
j2eeType=null and in the other we have j2eeType=GBean. How can I set the
j2eeType to GBean so that the patter can be matched ?
Also, how can I be sure that the GBeans get loaded in the proper order ? In
this case, the MyGBean has references to the three other GBeans:
BPrinterGBean, APrinterGBean and DTP (Default Thread Pool). As you can read
in the log file, only two GBeans (AprinterGBean and BPrinterGBean) get
loaded and started, but not DTP and MyGBean.

The plan looks as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<configuration
	   xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment"
	   configId="sampleTask/Sample"

		<dependency>
			<groupId>samples</groupId>
	    	<artifactId>sampleTask</artifactId>
	    	<version>1.0</version>
		</dependency>

    	<gbean name="gbean1" class="sampleTask.APrinterGBean"> </gbean>

    	<gbean name="gbean2" class="sampleTask.BPrinterGBean"> </gbean>

	 <gbean name="DTP" class="org.apache.geronimo.pool.ThreadPool">
        	<attribute name="keepAliveTime">15000</attribute>
        	<attribute name="poolSize">10</attribute>
        	<attribute name="poolName">DTP</attribute>
    	</gbean>

	<gbean name="MyGBean" class="sampleTask.MyGBean">

		<reference name="APrinter" >
			<name>gbean1</name>
		</reference>

		<reference name="BPrinter" >
			<name>gbean2</name>
		</reference>

    		<reference name="Executor">
    			<name>DTP</name>
    		</reference>

   	</gbean>

</configuration>

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Nelson.

Nelson Perez.

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." -- Albert
Einstein