Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Auke Noppe <au...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/16 11:16:42 UTC

No servlet class has been specified for servlet null

Hi,

I’m trying to bend tomcat in my own application. Therefore I’m using the
Embedded Tomcat version 5.5.23.

I have started only a server, engine, host and context, so I have a server
without the sockets etc. this because it has to become a test-application
for the web-app of the company.

The server starts gracefully, but when I call
context.invoke(request,response) I get this error:

SEVERE: Allocate exception for servlet null

With this stacktrace:

javax.servlet.ServletException: No servlet class has been specified for
servlet null

      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:10
16)

      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:791)

      at
va:127)

      at
va:174)

      at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:870)

      at nl.realworks.embedTomcat.EmbedTomcat.invoke(EmbedTomcat.java:74)

      at
nl.realworks.embedTomcat.StartEmbedTomcat.main(StartEmbedTomcat.java:29)

      at
org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.setAttribute(Request.java:1383)

      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.exception(StandardWrapperValve
.java:331)

      at
va:145)

      at
va:174)

      at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:870)

      at nl.realworks.embedTomcat.EmbedTomcat.invoke(EmbedTomcat.java:74)

      at
nl.realworks.embedTomcat.StartEmbedTomcat.main(StartEmbedTomcat.java:29)

does anyone has a idea what the cause of this problem is? The request I send
is “GET /index.jsp” using a MockHttpServletRequest of the spring framework.
I convert the mockhttpservletrequest to a
org.apache.cataline.connecor.Request. and that works.

The code in tomcat where the error is caused by:

// Complain if no servlet class has been specified

            if (actualClass == null) {

                unavailable(null);

                throw new ServletException

                    (sm.getString("standardWrapper.notClass", getName()));

            }

Thanks in advance.

Auke Noppe

Checked by AVG Free Edition.