Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Yona Eilat <Yo...@fundtech.co.il> on 2007/10/17 16:58:04 UTC

Writing ANT file using Starteam.

Hi,

I'm writing build.xml file that checkout files from Starteam.

I would like enabling option to get STView and STLabel online from the
user, mean:

*         Present (online) to the user all entire views in the ST (By
drop list or something like that).

*         Get input to ${ST_VIEW} variable.

*         Present the relevant labels for that view.

*          Get input to ${ST_LABEL} variable.

*         Checkout files from ST according to ${ST_VIEW} and
${ST_LABEL}.

Please advice how I can implement it by ANT code.

I found an example of what I need:  Jera, but I don't know how to get
the relevant information's from Starteam.

Thanks,

Yona.

RE: Writing ANT file using Starteam.

Posted by "Burgess, Benjamin" <BB...@tiaa-cref.org>.
Out of the box, Ant is a command line utility and therefore does not
support dropdowns.  You may be interested in a third party addition to
Ant such as the AntForms project which adds GUIs (see:
http://antforms.sourceforge.net/).  Also, you will likely have to write
a custom task to retrieve the list of projects in a repository and
another to retrieve the list of views of a given project.  These tasks
would use the StarTeamSDK.

In most setups, it usually makes sense to have a separate build.xml for
every View.  Then the use uses the StarTeam client to checkout the code
form whichever view required and runs the build for that given view
(rather then building the logic of selecting project/view into a single
monolithic build.xml).

Ben