Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> on 2014/10/21 06:51:41 UTC

Re: Download Analytics

I don’t know much about analytics, but I’ve noticed that search engines
use a redirect to (I think) capture analytics on the search.  In other
words, a search result page for “Flex” will have a link that will
eventually take you to flex.a.o, but it actually hits some URL at the
search engine company with a URL param that includes flex.a.o.  I was
wondering if the insert Ted mentions would automatically do this redirect
or if we could modify the cgi script to add that search-engine like
redirect to each of the links to the mirrors and get better data.

Or here’s another idea: what if instead of using cgi directly we used
Flex?  It could call the cgi and present the mirror options and hit a
tracking URL for each mirror just like we do for the installer.

-Alex