Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by He...@t-systems.com on 2005/06/01 13:31:20 UTC

and firefox

Hi there,

I'm using an applet, with the following line:

<jsp:plugin type="applet" code="applet.MyApplet" codebase="." width="100"
height="100"/>

I've assumed, that this works fine for any client. Loading the page with
iexplorer does, however, loading it into firefox results in the message
"missing plugin". Other servers, such as BEA weblogic, are creating the same
page very well for various kinds of clients.
Now the question is how to get this work with the combination
tomcat/firefox. And is there any hassle to be expected with other clients,
e.g. opera.

regards
Heiner

T-Systems
BU Ulm
Dipl. Ing. Heiner Amthauer
Systementwickler
Magirusstr. 39/1, D-89077 Ulm
+49 731 9344-4422 (Tel.)
+49 731 9344-4409 (Fax)
+49 177 7873405 (Mobil)
E-Mail: heiner.amthauer@t-systems.com
http://www.t-systems.com <http://www.t-systems.com>

Re: and firefox

Posted by Jost Richstein <jr...@softdecc.com>.
Maybe it's not the server generating a wrong page...your browser
is just not able to load the plugin.

I would install the plugin for Firefox first!