Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/16 15:54:40 UTC

Can we get file statistics at the end of "svn up" command like we get in "Subclipse"?

Hello,

When I use subeclipse to take ofbiz update then at the end it shows the
number of files that has been updated, added or merged etc.
This provides me an easy option to see the number of files that are merged
or any conflict if it occurs while taking update.

For ex:

   U  framework/webtools/widget/LogScreens.xml
    U  framework/webtools/widget/CommonScreens.xml
    U  framework/webtools/widget/MiscScreens.xml
    U  framework/entity/src/org/ofbiz/entity/model/ModelFieldType.java
    U  framework/entity/src/org/ofbiz/entity/jdbc/SqlJdbcUtil.java
    Updated to revision 880775.
    ===== File Statistics: =====
    Added: 2
    Updated: 44

But when I take update from terminal using svn up (or update) then at the
end it only shows the revision info on which my code is been updated.
Here is the output of svn update command.

framework/entityext/src/org/ofbiz/entityext/data/EntityDataLoadContainer.java
U    framework/webtools/widget/TempExprScreens.xml
U    framework/webtools/widget/Menus.xml
U    framework/webtools/widget/LogScreens.xml
U    framework/webtools/widget/CommonScreens.xml
U    framework/webtools/widget/MiscScreens.xml
U    framework/entity/src/org/ofbiz/entity/model/ModelFieldType.java
U    framework/entity/src/org/ofbiz/entity/jdbc/SqlJdbcUtil.java
Updated to revision 836222.

Is it possible for us to get the combined information about files using "svn
up" command like we get in Subclipse at the end?
For example the information that I am looking for is shown below:

    ===== File Statistics: =====
    Added: 2
    Updated: 44

Any hint or idea?
My question is more specific to Subversion / Subclipse but I would
appreciate any pointer from the community members.

--
Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya

Re: Can we get file statistics at the end of "svn up" command like we get in "Subclipse"?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Ashish,

I'm not aware of any possibilities from cmd line.
"svn help up" gives no clues, nor Google
But it's weird both Subclipse and Tortoise offer that and not svn

Jacques

From: "Ashish Vijaywargiya" <vi...@gmail.com>

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jacques & Scott for your comment.
It helps and for sure I will try to start using "svn stat" to see any
conflicts!

--
Ashish

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Scott Gray" <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Scott,

From: "Scott Gray" <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Ashish,

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
not sure if you talking about using it in eclipse but I get those stats
with  SVN team provider tigris.subversion.subclipse 1.4.8 the rest are
verson 1.5.X
I did not have to configure anything.
    ===== File Statistics: =====
    Merged: 1
    Deleted: 14
    Added: 91
    Updated: 291
    ==== Property Statistics: =====
    Updated: 2

Jacques Le Roux sent the following on 11/16/2009 7:54 AM:

--
BJ Freeman
http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation