Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Lewis Gardner (TYCO)" <lg...@tycoint.com> on 2004/12/01 03:51:45 UTC

Transaction table corrupt

After working with Subversion for months without any problems at all today
our subversion repository suddenly stopped working and replied to every
request with the following error:

Svn: Corrupt entry in 'transaction' table for '178' in filesystem
'c:/svnrepo/db'.

I've restored a backup to continue work but we've lost a couple of
revisions.

Is there any way I can at least find out what changes were done since my
last backup? Currently every request to list changes or diff always results
in the above error message.

Thanks,

Lewis Gardner

Tyco Safety Products

Re: Transaction table corrupt

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Lewis Gardner (TYCO) wrote:
> After working with Subversion for months without any problems at all today
> our subversion repository suddenly stopped working and replied to every
> request with the following error:
>

> Svn: Corrupt entry in 'transaction' table for '178' in filesystem
> 'c:/svnrepo/db'.
>

> I've restored a backup to continue work but we've lost a couple of
> revisions.
>

> Is there any way I can at least find out what changes were done since my
> last backup? Currently every request to list changes or diff always
> results
> in the above error message.

Can you put a copy of the repository on a web site and send me the URL
(privately, if desired) ?

Max.

Re: Transaction table corrupt

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
"Lewis Gardner \(TYCO\)" <lg...@tycoint.com> writes:
> After working with Subversion for months without any problems at all today
> our subversion repository suddenly stopped working and replied to every
> request with the following error:
>
> Svn: Corrupt entry in 'transaction' table for '178' in filesystem
> 'c:/svnrepo/db'.
>
> I've restored a backup to continue work but we've lost a couple of
> revisions.
>
> Is there any way I can at least find out what changes were done since my
> last backup? Currently every request to list changes or diff always results
> in the above error message.

What version of SVN?  What access method were you using?  Did you
upgrade/downgrade/crossgrade Subversion or BerkeleyDB at all during
the time you were running Subversion?