Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Sholes, Joshua" <Jo...@cable.comcast.com> on 2014/02/02 19:48:45 UTC

One of my nodes is in the wrong datacenter - help!

All,

I had a node in my 8-node production 1.2.8 cluster have a serious problem and need to be removed and rebuilt.   However, after doing nodetool removenode and then bootstrapping a new node on the same IP address, the new node somehow ended up with a different datacenter name (the rest of the nodes are in dc $NAME, and the new one is in dc $NAME6934724 — as in, a string of seemingly random numbers appended to the correct name).   How can I force it to change DC names back to what it should be?

I’m working with 500+GB per node here so bootstrapping it again is not a huge issue, but I’d prefer to avoid it anyway.  I am NOT able to change the node’s IP address at this time so I’m stuck with bootstrapping a new node in the same place, which my gut feeling tells me might be part of the problem.

Any insight anyone can give me is highly appreciated.

Josh Sholes

Re: One of my nodes is in the wrong datacenter - help!

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Maybe that node was just trying to tell you that it really  wanted to work
in a different data center :)

Posted by "Sholes, Joshua" <Jo...@cable.comcast.com>.

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.