Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robert Andersson <ro...@gslt.hum.gu.se> on 2003/11/30 13:46:45 UTC

drive site with cocoon on sun e450

hello all!

we, well i, want to set up cocoon and lenya to drive
http://sprakteknologi.se/ on our sun e450, 4x300Mhz ultrasparc II,
4GB. yes it's an old machine but it's rather nice i think. :)

what i would like to know is, if someone on this list is running
cocoon and lenya on a similar setup. i have done some initial testing
with cocoon, useing the resin servlet engine, and it seems to be abit
sluggish. :( anyone care to share their own experiences?

no tweaking on resin or cocoon done at all, but maybe someone can give
me some extra tip&tricks that's not in the docs.

yours,
/robert

--
Systems Administrator
Swedish National Graduate School of Language Technology

Re: drive site with cocoon on sun e450

Posted by Patrick Hess <po...@pbone.biz>.
Robert Andersson wrote:

> we, well i, want to set up cocoon and lenya to drive
> http://sprakteknologi.se/ on our sun e450, 4x300Mhz ultrasparc II,
> 4GB. yes it's an old machine but it's rather nice i think. :)

On a similar machine cocoon is running fine here on tomcat 4.1.x and
weblogic 7 (flowscript not possible). Both setups needed no tweaking
just install the webapp like described in the manual. I don't know about
using jetty in this config. Hope this helps a bit!

Patrick