Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by J <we...@fluidic.com> on 2003/06/17 14:32:53 UTC

Re: [tapestry] Tapestry and hibernate vs cayenne

I am using Hibernate now on a new project.  This is my first OR
framework/service to use, so I have a little learning curve with it.

So far it works well.  Tapestry has no idea how the objects are "created",
since I have UseCase objects implementing all the business logic.  In these
usecase classes, all the hibernate calls are being done. Example, I have a
CustomerNewUseCase class that requires a Customer object that should be
inserted into the database.

I might change this and try to abstract out the database handling in the
usecases.  If I ever have to change my database framework, I would be
screwed.  But I dont envision doing that since Hibernate can be used across
the three db platforms I use.