Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by David Song <da...@myeii.com> on 2004/06/16 02:18:48 UTC

Question about SOAP style in Axis 1.2

Hi all,

I created a simple Test.jws web service which takes in a string of XML,
appends some more XML tags and returns the string.  Axis 1.2
automatically generates the WSDL, some snippets below:

<wsdl:message name="FooResponse">
    <wsdl:part name="FooReturn" type="apachesoap:Document"/>
  </wsdl:message>

Looks like Axis 1.2 already generates document style.  How else does it
know to generate type="apachesoap:Document"???

My question is: does Axis 1.2 by default generates document style SOAP?

Many thanks!
David

RE: Question about SOAP style in Axis 1.2

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Actually, since you're referencing the part using the "type" attribute, you
can tell that this is an RPC style service. If it were a document style
service, the message part would reference an element rather than a type.

Anne