Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Faine, Mark" <Ma...@msfc.nasa.gov> on 2004/03/08 22:20:45 UTC

Tomcat is not finding my classes

Tomat 4.1.27 on Solaris 8

I've spent the past two days reading about classloaders and from what I've
read my problem should not exist.

Tomcat is not finding classes/jars in $TOMCAT_HOME/shared classes/lib.  The
only way I can get my classes loaded is to put them in
$TOMCAT_HOME/webappx/WEB-INF/classes or $TOMCAT_HOME/webappx/WEB-INF/lib.

Does anyone know what could cause this, I've search the bug list but can't
find anything.

The shared classloader does not seem to be functioning at all.

One thing of note.  I noticed the Tomcat Docs have a few jar files listed as
being default for the shared/lib directory  but on my installation they are
in common/lib.  Is this a problem or out of date docs?

Thanks,
-Mark

Re: Tomcat is not finding my classes

Posted by Paul <pa...@msci.ca>.